Wow. In this episode, I talked with Susie Burdekin about the power of brand partnerships. And they are incredibly powerful. If you’re not using brand partnerships as a marketing strategy in your business, you are missing out. Susie shares some of the ins and out on how to build brand partnerships that work.
In episode 21 of Micro Entrepreneur: the magic of thinking small, I had a great time interviewing Susie Burdekin, Business Consultant and Coach of The Drill Company about Brand Partnerships. Susie has a fantastic pedigree in the marketing world and was one of the founding partners and joint Directors of Cherry London which recently won the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) ‘Agency of the Year’.
Susie and I had a long and in-depth chat about how building brand partnerships can help small businesses and micro-entrepreneurs leverage and grow their business.
What we covered in the show:
- Why brand partnership still isn’t ‘well understood’
- What it is and why you would enter into one (more bang for buck)
- What it delivers and how two can achieve more than ‘one’
- Examples of campaigns
- How it works for small business
- What happens when partners have different reach – what is the value exchange?
- What ‘You give – we give’ means
- The trust issue in brand partnerships
- The spirit of partnership – can we work together?
- Why it’s important to manage the expectations and rules of engagement – get agreement in a simple contract
- What to look for in a partner?
- What some of the biggest mistakes are that people make when entering into a brand partnership
- How to track your results
You can find out more about Susie here
About the Podcast
The Micro Entrepreneur Podcast is your place to come and hear me talk about all things business for the micro business owner. I speak with experts, authors and other micro business owners and what they are doing to build and grow a successful micro business.
Subscribe to the podcast
For Apple users, you can click here to subscribe on iTunes
For Android and Windows users, you can click here to subscribe via Stitcher
Like the show? Please tell us on iTunes!
If you liked the show and found it valuable and you haven’t done so already I would really appreciate it if you took a minute to leave a quick rating or review of the podcast on iTunes by clicking on the link below! It will open up itunes on your computer and you can leave a rating by clicking on the ratings and reviews tab. It would be extremely helpful if you like the show! Click here to leave a review for the podcast! It will only take a second